Susan at Knossos Palace archaeological site, Crete, Greece
About Susan's Travels and Travel-Write
- Founded Travel-Write in 1989 contributing articles and reviews to newspapers, magazines and guide books including The Globe & Mail and Toronto Star.
- Travelled to over 70 countries.
- Lived on 5 continents.
- Sailed aboard and/or toured more than 100 ships.
- Studied the cruise industry in Southern Florida in 1993. Worked aboard NCL ships on turnaround days in Ft. Lauderdale and Miami.
- Toured ships and interviewed personnel while living in the Caribbean and Vancouver.
- Two stints as a travel agent making arrangements for clients around the globe 1996 to 1999 and 2004-5.
- Launched Cruise Watch, Alaska cruising website, in 1999 after earning my Webmaster credentials.
- Associate Editor, CruiseMates.com, 2000 to 2006.
- Contributor, The Unofficial Guide to Cruises, 2000 to 2006.
- Online Data & Content Coordinator, Ensemble Travel Group US & Canada, 2006 to 2013
- E-zine writer, Ensemble Travel Group US & Canada, 2007 to 2017
- E-newsletter editor & publisher, 2000 -2020